If you are one of the 16 million Americans suffering from Rosacea, your feelings about it are probably not “rosy” ones.
• In a survey taken by the National Rosacea Society, it was found that over ninety percent of rosacea patients said their condition had lowered their self-confidence and self-esteem.
• Forty percent said they avoided public contact; eighty-eight percent said it affected their personal and professional interactions; fifty-one percent said they had missed work due to their rosacea symptoms and ninety-five percent of Rosacea patients knew little or nothing about its signs and symptoms prior to their diagnosis.
Rosacea is common, but it is poorly understood. It is becoming increasingly widespread among baby-boomers and is more common in women between the ages of 30 and 60.
However, because of its red-faced, acne-like effects on personal appearance, it can cause significant psychological, social and occupational problems if left untreated.
The exact cause of Rosacea is unknown but a range of possible causes includes defects in the immune system, nervous system and facial blood vessels, and the presence of microbes or Demodex Mites. Evidence also suggests that susceptibility to it may be inherited; genetic studies are underway.
There is no cure for Rosacea, but medical help is available which can control its signs and symptoms.
What are the symptoms?
Make an appointment with our office for a diagnosis and appropriate treatment before these signs and symptoms become severe:
• Small blood vessels visible on the face (telangiectasia)
• Flushing and redness on the nose, cheeks, forehead or chin
• Pimples or bumps on the face
• Irritated, watery eyes
Many patients in the St. Louis area seek treatment for Rosacea from Drs. Hruza and Behshad. Our office offers two Rosacea treatment options:
• FotoFacial RF™ which combines IPL (intense pulsed light) and Radio Frequency, and
• VBeam Pulsed Dye Laser®.
Both of these procedures are done in our office.
There is little or no downtime involved and results are amazing.
Call us for a consultation today!