Tattoos are everywhere, adorning even the most sophisticated of limbs and bodies. However, a new survey found that four in ten people with tattoos end up regretting having at least one of them done. And one in six hate their tattoos so much, they want them removed.
You may have taken a youthful dive into the deep end of the tattoo pool, but are now filled with what is known as “tattoo regret.”
Whatever your motivation and whether you are a man or a woman, tattoo regret can be remedied in our office using Q-Switched laser technology – an advanced treatment which is designed to remove tattoos without leaving scars or un-pigmented areas of skin behind. It is also the most commonly used tattoo removal procedure.
The Q-Switched tattoo removal laser generates bright, short pulses of light that rapidly heat and break up tattoo particles. The particles are then gradually removed by the body’s scavenger cells from the area.
• Depending on the type of ink used and the depth of the tattoo, some tattoos may be more difficult to remove than others. These factors also help determine how many treatments will be necessary. The process may have to be repeated multiple times; each treatment achieves only partial fading of the tattoo.
• Although every patient is different and every tattoo is unique, complete removal of the tattoo cannot be guaranteed. However, laser tattoo removal with Q-Switched technology can be greater than 95% effective.
• The darker the ink, the easier it is for the laser to target the ink. Your skin type and color are also factors determining which tattoo colors can be effectively treated. For example, the darker the skin, the more challenging it becomes when treating lighter colors.
• Laser tattoo removal may cause slight discomfort in some patients; a local anesthetic can be administered if necessary.
• Following treatment, minor side effects such as tender skin or slight blisters may occur, depending on the patient and the tattoo. However, these tend to diminish within three to seven days.
Call us at 314.878.3839 and schedule a consultation!